After the girls being late to bed last night and up early this morning, I think an afternoon nap will be in order (for me not my daughter!!).
What is the best amount of time to have a nap so you wake feeling refreshed?
According to the 'experts' on the Internet:
- The best time to have a nap is between 1pm and 3pm (any earlier and you won't be tired enough, any later and it will be harder to sleep at night).
- Laying horizontal eg on a bed or a reclining chair is better than being half seated.
- The room needs to be warm but not toasty for the best nap.
- Make the room dark or wear an eye mask so you can drop off to sleep quicker.
- Make sure your nap is 30 minutes or less if you want to feel refreshed rather than groggy.
- Some people drink a coffee before a nap as the caffeine kicks in after about 20 minutes. People who do this say that the combination of a nap and a coffee helps them feel most refreshed.
See you tomorrow.